Should you feel that your illness cannot wait until our next scheduled surgery and requires the intervention of a doctor please telephone 111 (NHS111 Service). You will be advised as to whether your problem can be dealt with by advice, a consultation or a visit.
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
– Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
– NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
You should call 111 when:
- you think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- the GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- you don’t know who to call for medical help.
If your problem is an emergency or life threatening please dial 999 for an ambulance.
There are no longer walk-in centres in Gateshead. These are now appointment based services which are arranged via 111.