Couch to 5K
The Couch to 5k programme is designed for beginners to build up their running ability so they can eventually run 5km without stopping.
This programme lasts for 9 weeks and has been tried and tested by 10s of thousands of new runners.
Don't worry if you don't feel physically ready to move to the next week straight away. You can repeat any one of the weeks until you reach your 5k goal.
It's important to structure your runs by allocating specific days of the week , this will give you motivation to keep going.
WinG Outdoor Club
WinG Outdoor Club activities are delivered by a qualified outdoor instructor with over 20 years experience. They provide equipment, guidance, support and inspiration.
All activities are delivered in a compassionate, motivational and uplifting manner. Instructors are Public Health trained in health and well being, promoting enjoyment through outdoor activities.
Outdoor Activities can include:
- Forest School
- Country Walks
- Hill Walks and Navigation Training
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
- Outdoor Photography Practice
- Rock Climbing
Contact WinG on 07506 176888 to find out more information and how you can get involved.
Our goal is to encourage staff and patients to participate in parkrun as there are many benefits of getting involved, whether it be as a volunteer, or you want to walk, jog or run the 5k.
It's a community based physical activity organisation, with over 4 million registrants across the UK, attracting over 170,000 participants every week.
Parkrun represents the best of humanity. The positivity of togetherness, the support, the warm encouragement. The opportunity to escape, to connect with nature, to find health and happiness through regular community activity.
If you would like more information or would like to get involved, please contact Sue Jennings on email@example.com.
- A non profit that organises free, weekly 5k events every Saturday morning in areas of open space.
- There are also 2k junior parkruns for 4-14 year old and their families on Sunday mornings.
- Over 1,000 locations across UK.
- All events are delivered by local volunteer teams.
- They are not races, and people can walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate.
- Parkruns are open to all, including those who are inactive of have health conditions.
- They are suitable for the whole family to take part in.
- All events are delivered in line with the parkrun Covid-19 Framework.
- There is a First Timer Welcome at every event.
- Participants register once via the parkrun website, print off their personal barcode and can then take part in any parkrun event in the UK and around the world.